Legal Consultations for Illinois Renters, Property Owners & Entrepreneurs
Attuned Legal offers set-fee legal consultation services for Illinois rental, property, and microbusiness concerns.
All matters start with an phone or video attorney consultation session. The fee for up to one hour of attorney consultation is $500 unless legal insurance applies.
Get to Know Attorney Terra Gross
I’m a mediator, attorney, and musician, originally from the Portland, Oregon, performing arts community. Before moving to the Midwest to attend law school, I worked as a freelance violinist and English instructor and earned a graduate degree in secondary education.
In addition to my private practice at Attuned Legal, I answer questions from small landlords who call the Eviction Help Illinois hotline and serve as a member of the Chicago Bar Association’s Modern Law Practice Committee.
Since becoming a licensed attorney in Illinois in 2013, I’ve devoted myself to civil legal matters:
- As a civil litigation attorney representing state employees and agencies, I learned to appreciate the inner workings of Illinois government.
- Clerking for a Cook County Chancery Division judge, I gained an intimate view of the civil court system where I now practice.
- Representing insurers in property coverage disputes at boutique and national Chicago-based firms, I developed proactive risk management skills.
- Volunteering with Illinois Free Legal Answers Online and Chicago Volunteer Legal Services on property matters brings me to the front lines of the challenges faced by Illinois residents today.
- Illinois (2013)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2019)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois (2014)
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2013 (magna cum laude, pro bono notation)
- Portland State University, M.Ed., 2010
- Prescott College, B.A., 2006
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
How to Keep Pipes from Freezing at Your Cabin
(Dawn Weinberger, FamilyHandyman.com, 10/15/21)
How to Change the Name on Your Social Security Card
(Rachel Hartman, U.S. News & World Report, 9/29/21)
What Is Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
(Dawn Weinberger, FamilyHandyman.com, 9/21/21)
How to Assess Law School Bar Passage Rates
(Ilana Kowarski, U.S. News & World Report, 9/3/21)
Experts Explain How Creating an LLC Is the Smartest First Business Move
(Larissa Runkle, The Penny Hoarder, 8/25/21)
Multifamily Challenge to Eviction Moratorium Fails for Now
(Erik Sherman, GlobeSt.com, 8/16/21)
Lawsuits Greet Biden’s Latest Attempt at an Eviction Ban
(Erik Sherman, GlobeSt.com, 8/6/21)
Do Those Email Confidentiality ‘Disclaimers’ Really Mean Anything?
(Emily Long, Lifehacker, 7/15/21)