Legal Consultations for Illinois Rental, Property & Microbusiness Matters
Appointments must be requested online.
Requesting an appointment doesn’t make us your attorney or require us to provide legal services. We’ll review your form and then confirm or cancel your appointment.
Our attorney’s current consultation availability is displayed on the scheduling page. When you don’t see an appointment that suits you, contact another attorney for advice right away as your matter may be time-sensitive.
If your consultation session is confirmed, you must complete our intake paperwork and provide payment before speaking with our attorney.
Consultation Sessions ($150-$300)
Consultation sessions are one hour long and offer practical legal insight into Illinois microbusiness and property issues by phone or video call.
During a consultation session, our attorney digs into the facts of the situation and provides tailored professional legal guidance based on the information provided.
Topics addressed in consultation sessions range from negotiating landlord-tenant conflicts or requesting records from a condominium board to filing Illinois business registrations.
In delicate rental, condominium, and business situations, where revealing the use of legal counsel would increase tension, consultation sessions provide access to attorney advice without the commitment of hiring counsel to handle every aspect of the case.
We require that all clients complete a full consultation for each new matter before offering any other unbundled services.
Legal Drafting & Editing (starting at $1500)
When it makes sense following a paid consultation session, we offer legal drafting and editing services for Illinois small businesses and creative projects. Fees for all drafting and editing start at $1500 for up to three pages. If you have a creative project and need free or lower-cost services, we encourage you to contact Lawyers for the Creative Arts, where our attorney volunteers.
Examples of our microbusiness and creative drafting projects:
- Split Sheets
- Privacy Policies
- Terms & Conditions (T&C)
- Contracts, Subcontracts & Specifications
- Purchase & Sale Agreements
- Website & App Development Agreements
- Liability Waivers
We also draft for landlords and property associations:
- Rental Application Procedures
- Leases, Assignments, & Subleases
- Early Termination & Move-Out Agreements
- Property Manager Contracts
- Crisis Management Communications
- Eviction Notices
- Local Ordinance Compliance
About Attorney Terra Gross
Attuned Legal, which took shape in the Chicago Bar Association’s Justice Entrepreneurs Project legal incubator, is a private law firm offering candid, open-minded legal advice on Illinois creative and small business issues.
My first career was as a freelance musician and writing instructor. I understand how challenging it can be to navigate legal issues in niche communities and reputation-based, media-friendly fields. Helping clients puzzle out awkward situations where paper formalities are disconnected from everyday reality is a highlight of my legal practice.
In addition to operating Attuned Legal, I answer questions from small landlords who call the Eviction Help Illinois hotline, volunteer with Lawyers for the Creative Arts, and serve on the Chicago Bar Association’s Modern Law Practice Committee. Since becoming a licensed attorney in Illinois in 2013, I’ve devoted myself to civil legal matters:
- As a civil litigation attorney for state employees and agencies, I learned to appreciate the labyrinth of Illinois bureaucracy.
- Clerking for a Cook County Chancery Division judge, I gained perspective on the civil court system where I now practice.
- Representing insurers in property coverage disputes, I became proactive about risk management and negotiated resolution.
- Illinois (2013)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2019)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois (2014)
- Cook County Court approved 40-hour mediator training, Center for Conflict Resolution (CCR), 2019
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2013 (magna cum laude, pro bono notation)
- Portland State University, M.Ed., 2010
- Prescott College, B.A., 2006
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
How to Keep Pipes from Freezing at Your Cabin
(Dawn Weinberger, FamilyHandyman.com, 10/15/21)
How to Change the Name on Your Social Security Card
(Rachel Hartman, U.S. News & World Report, 9/29/21)
What Is Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
(Dawn Weinberger, FamilyHandyman.com, 9/21/21)
How to Assess Law School Bar Passage Rates
(Ilana Kowarski, U.S. News & World Report, 9/3/21)
Experts Explain How Creating an LLC Is the Smartest First Business Move
(Larissa Runkle, The Penny Hoarder, 8/25/21)
Multifamily Challenge to Eviction Moratorium Fails for Now
(Erik Sherman, GlobeSt.com, 8/16/21)
Lawsuits Greet Biden’s Latest Attempt at an Eviction Ban
(Erik Sherman, GlobeSt.com, 8/6/21)
Do Those Email Confidentiality ‘Disclaimers’ Really Mean Anything?
(Emily Long, Lifehacker, 7/15/21)