Legal Services for Illinois Microbusinesses, Property Owners & Renters
Attuned Legal focuses on helping people find creative ways to resolve Illinois microbusiness, property, and rental legal concerns. Phone and video consultation sessions must be requested online and can address legal issues anywhere in Illinois.
No matter how a client’s issue began, or the technical steps necessary to move forward, we cultivate authenticity, freedom, and fairness. Attuned Legal recognizes that your private life may be entwined with your business and property legal concerns and provides confidential, candid advice on navigating handle awkward situations.
All matters start with an phone or video attorney consultation session. The fee for up to one hour of attorney consultation is $300 unless legal insurance applies.
Get to Know Attorney Terra Gross
I’m a mediator, musician, and attorney. To recharge from my legal and creative work, I enjoy gardening with native plants, attending fire jams and other arts events, and diving into books.
I grew up in the Portland, Oregon performing arts community. In college, I studied music, writing, and literature. Before moving to the Midwest to attend law school, I worked as a freelance violinist and English instructor and earned a graduate degree in secondary education.
Since becoming an attorney, I’ve devoted myself to civil legal matters:
- As a civil litigation attorney representing state employees and agencies, I learned to appreciate the inner workings of Illinois government.
- Clerking for a Cook County Chancery Division judge, I gained an intimate view of the civil court system where I now practice.
- Representing insurers in property coverage disputes at boutique and national Chicago-based firms, I developed proactive risk management skills.
- Volunteering with Illinois Free Legal Answers Online and Chicago Volunteer Legal Services on property matters brings me to the front lines of the challenges faced by Illinois residents today.
- Illinois (2013)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2019)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois (2014)
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2013 (magna cum laude, pro bono notation)
- Portland State University, M.Ed., 2010
- Prescott College, B.A., 2006
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
How to Keep Pipes from Freezing at Your Cabin
(Dawn Weinberger, FamilyHandyman.com, 10/15/21)
How to Change the Name on Your Social Security Card
(Rachel Hartman, U.S. News & World Report, 9/29/21)
What Is Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
(Dawn Weinberger, FamilyHandyman.com, 9/21/21)
How to Assess Law School Bar Passage Rates
(Ilana Kowarski, U.S. News & World Report, 9/3/21)
Experts Explain How Creating an LLC Is the Smartest First Business Move
(Larissa Runkle, The Penny Hoarder, 8/25/21)
Multifamily Challenge to Eviction Moratorium Fails for Now
(Erik Sherman, GlobeSt.com, 8/16/21)
Lawsuits Greet Biden’s Latest Attempt at an Eviction Ban
(Erik Sherman, GlobeSt.com, 8/6/21)
Do Those Email Confidentiality ‘Disclaimers’ Really Mean Anything?
(Emily Long, Lifehacker, 7/15/21)