We untangle the legal side of microbusinesses, including microenterprises that are just getting started as well as established operations with intentionally lean structures. Our clients are typically business owners who still do everything themselves or have a handful of independent contractors and part-time staff.
- Drafting and updating business governance documents
- Developing privacy and data policies
- Preparing freelancer agreements
- Creating custom contracts for specific use cases, including homeowner and subcontractor projects
- Reviewing insurance policies
- Negotiating real estate and equipment leases
- Representation in disputes with customers, insurers, and suppliers
Illinois small landlords with six or fewer units, including people who temporarily rent out their condominium or house for side income, and so-called “accidental landlords,” are among our favorite microbusinesses. We represent small landlords on a flat-fee basis and maintain a list of useful free legal resources for landlord-tenant issues.
Our services for Illinois small landlords include:
- Strategy consultations for achieving specific goals
- Lease drafting and review
- Representation in evictions and small claims court
Condo & HOA
If you own an Illinois condominium or a residence in an Illinois Townhouse Association or Homeowners Association (“HOA”), we can help you obtain records, puzzle out the legal requirements and fees applicable to your property, and navigate insurance claims.
Our flat-fee services for condo, townhome, and HOA members include reviewing governing documents, drafting demand letters, and pursuing records requests. We also counsel clients on how to cost-effectively address problems with association boards and management companies. You can also check out our useful free legal resources to find out more about the Illinois statutes governing many condominium, townhouse, and homeowners associations.
We represent property owners who seek independent advice and representation in disputes between homeowners, contractors, neighbors, and insurers and gather useful free legal resources for Illinois homeowners. Our flat-fee services include:
- Reviewing potentially fraudulent disclosure statements
- Resolving contractor disputes and liens
- Addressing conflicts with neighbors
- Evicting unauthorized occupants
- Representation throughout the insurance claims process