Founder & Attorney Terra Gross
Microbusiness and property law attorney Terra Gross (she/her) represents clients from drafting and negotiation through civil trials. She also provides free legal assistance for homeowners in eviction, foreclosure, and probate matters through Chicago Volunteer Legal Services.
Before launching Attuned Legal as a participant in the Chicago Bar Foundation’s Justice Entrepreneurs Project, Terra practiced at national and boutique Chicago law firms and as a state government attorney in central Illinois. Her legal training at the University of Illinois College of Law, where she earned a pro bono transcript notation and a Rickert Award for Excellence in Service, included serving as Executive Administrative Editor of the Elder Law Journal and clerking for a Champaign County Circuit Court judge.
Terra was drawn to the law’s potential to empower people through her experiences as a freelance writing instructor and musician in her hometown of Portland, Oregon. She now lives in Evanston, Illinois, where her hobbies include gardening with native plants, restoring secondhand finds, and hiking with her two children.
- Chicago Bar Assocation
- Illinois State Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Illinois (2013)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2019)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois (2014)
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2013 (magna cum laude)
- Portland State University, M.Ed., 2010
- Prescott College, B.A., 2006
- Sophia Hall, Cook County Chancery Division (2017-19)
News & Insights
- How to Keep Pipes from Freezing at Your Cabin
(Dawn Weinberger, FamilyHandyman.com, 10/15/21)
- How to Change the Name on Your Social Security Card
(Rachel Hartman, U.S. News & World Report, 9/29/21)
- What Is Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
(Dawn Weinberger, FamilyHandyman.com, 9/21/21)
- How to Assess Law School Bar Passage Rates
(Ilana Kowarski, U.S. News & World Report, 9/3/21)
- Multifamily Challenge to Eviction Moratorium Fails for Now
(Erik Sherman, GlobeSt.com, 8/16/21)
- Lawsuits Greet Biden’s Latest Attempt at an Eviction Ban
(Erik Sherman, GlobeSt.com, 8/6/21)
- Do Those Email Confidentiality ‘Disclaimers’ Really Mean Anything?
(Emily Long, Lifehacker, 7/15/21)